About Us - History of the School

Priding ourselves on a history of excellence and achievements in a variety of fields, the school was founded in 1955 by the Sisters of St Joseph.  The community of St Joseph's is made up of teachers, parents, carers, P&F, parishioners and support staff who all work together to focus on students, encouraging success, promoting discipline, supporting creativity and instilling compassion.

The school caters for students from Kindergarten to Year 6, St Joseph's services the township of Bulahdelah and surrounding communities including Tea Gardens, Hawks Nest, Coolongolook, Wootton, Markwell and Girvan.

Acknowledgement

St Joseph's Bulahdelah would like to acknowledge the Worrimi people, the traditional custodians of the country.  We acknowledge that they have occupied and cared for the country over countless generations and we celebrate their continuing contribution to the life of this region.